I decided to play with a different filter this week, so let me know how you like it! Also, be prepared for an extra long post, since we’ve got 2 weeks worth of photos here.
1) The flowers at Cuppies, they get me every time.
2) Bozeman doesn’t like baths too much, he was pouting after I gave him one last week haha
3) I shot my friend, Kimberly’s, wedding two weekends ago, and Colin got to come too! They had the cutest photo booth there with a green screen that let you choose different scenes from OSU to be your backdrop–so fun!
4) Driving back from her wedding, we saw a gorgeous sunset!
5) Before we left for Chicago, I got to help out with At The Movies prep for my church campus! Every year we make the lobby into a movie set, and this year we’re doing “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs!” These are some girls from my Lifegroup painting “sprinkles” to go on the giant donuts we made. Nothing like giant food to make you suuuuper hungry!
6) I know I already posted a photo just like this one, but I’m so glad Bozeman likes his little pool!
7) Last week we drove to Madison and Chicago for a trip with our friends! Our first stop was Kansas City (definitely one of my favorite cities I’ve visited) for lunch and coffee. This shot is from Quay Coffee, which was great! I’ll post more when I write about our trip, but I loved the pretty wildflowers they had on the table….clearly I have a thing for wildflowers and coffee.
8) So on our way to Madison, my car broke down! We were stranded in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for about 4 hours while it got fixed. Thank you, Jesus, for AAA and Cassill Motors, because without them we would maybe still be in Cedar Rapids! Haha, we were only delayed for 4 hours though, and we made it to Madison at around 3:45AM
9-10) Madison, Wisconsin was way more charming than I would have imagined! Our sweet friends, Sean and Kristen, live there, so they showed us around their favorite places. We walked all around the Capitol building, ate at an amazing brunch place, and took Sean and Kristen’s engagement photos! I can’t wait to share all of it with you :) Oh man, also, the grapefruit San Pellegrinos are my new favorite drink…I think I got one everywhere we went on this trip!
11-12) We are making a video in addition to all the photos we took of this trip, so Brian and I were both shooting quite a bit. Brian wanted shots of every meal we ate, so there were a lot of instances like the photo on the right haha
13-14) The 2nd day we were in Madison, Sean and Kristen took us to Devil’s Lake State Park to go hiking! It was a blast (and lots of hard work) and so beautiful!
15) After hiking, we made our way to Chicago. This is the backyard of the cute townhouse we stayed in! This time we used VRBO instead of AirBnB since we had such a large group (9 people!) and we really loved where we stayed. It really changes the experience when you stay in a neighborhood while traveling! I love feeling like a local :)
16) We (of course) got some deep dish pizza in Chicago, and since our house was right next door to a Lou Malnati’s (and everyone I know who’s been to Chicago has recommended it), we decided to eat there. Maybe it was because we were super hungry, but that pizza was definitely the best I’ve ever had.
17) Encouraging graffiti in our neighborhood :)
18) Hahaha, this is my dear friend, Danielle, being “tough” while walking under the train tracks on our way to the Cubs game! I told her to pose like that, so judge me, not her!
19) “The Five” are a group of guys who have been friends since what, 5th grade? I’m so thankful Colin has had these men to stand by his side growing up as the brothers he never had, and I’m thankful they’ve become my brothers now as well. Love you guys!
20) Me eating a Chicago Dog…the first hot dog I’ve had in 4 or 5 years. It was super delicious, but now that I’ve had one, I probably won’t be eating hot dogs again anytime soon! Haha, I’m glad I got one though!
21) Good ol’ Wrigley Field! Colin and Blake are huge Cubs fans, so they were basically in Heaven here. We had a beautiful day for a baseball game, and what could possibly more American than baseball on 4th of July weekend? Nothing really.
22-23) This was definitely one of my favorite stops in Chicago! We went to Heritage Bicycles on the morning of the 4th, and wow was it great. They’re a bike shop and a coffee shop…so we felt right at home there! The coffee was great (they roast their own), and the bikes were so cool (they make their own).
24) Walking around downtown and waving at the tour boats :)
25) Colin and I went to Montrose Beach to watch fireworks–it was so great! I’m completely charmed by you, Chicago.
26) We had to say goodbye on the 6th, so we snapped this Instax photo on our way out, and I grabbed this phone photo of the Instax for Instagram haha
27) On the way home, we listened to the Women’s World Cup final match when USA BEAT JAPAN!!! AHHH!!! Haha, this photo was taken during all the scoring that we did right at the beginning of the match. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
28) Waving hello to St. Louis while passing through–I wish we could have lingered here!
29) Haha, I think this photo speaks for itself, we thought it was picture-worthy.
30) Avocados are the prettiest, and they’re magically delicious too :)
31) Rainy walks with a pup mean a wet house when you get back haha
This weekend I have my first really free Saturday that I’ve had in awhile. I’m thinking a big, lazy, breakfast, working on some home projects, and maybe a good bike ride or kayaking trip if we’re lucky! Oh, and AT THE MOVIES! Go check it out, consider yourself invited :)
Happy Weekend, friends!