“Most people could get angry at a grapefruit when their fists are clinched. Something about the hardwiring that God gave each of us links the position of our bodies and position of our hearts […] Palms up means you are strong enough to be vulnerable, even with your enemies. Even when you have been tremendously wronged. Jesus was palms up, to the end.”
1-4) Snapshots from my Thursday evening yoga class last week! Look at that first photo, down in the bottom left corner under that tree. Do you see the guy PROPOSING TO HIS GIRLFRIEND?! Haha, we were unloading the mats and such from the car when I saw this happening and I whipped out my phone! I later went up and took a photo for them and they were just so happy :) I love love
5) We had a yoga practice in the Myriad Gardens as part of Sarah’s wedding weekend on Friday, and it was so so lovely and so SO hot. I know it’s gross, but I truly haven’t sweat that much since marching band in high school. This was my view during savasana (final resting pose) though, so that made up for it! Also, it was all for Sarah, so I’d do it over again in a heartbeat!
6) Confession: I 100% cheated with this photo as it is definitely from a DSLR camera and not my phone….and I have no shame. I don’t like how I look in the phone version of it, so you get to see this one instead. Brian and I got to take some photos at Sarah and Charlie’s “pre-ception” on Friday night! It was in Charlie’s backyard (which is gorgeous) and everyone there was so happy to be celebrating such an amazing couple. These are the types of events I looooooove attending.
7-8) Here’s Kourtni and I at Sarah and Charlie’s actual wedding haha–such a beautiful experience!
9-10) Part of our Father’s Day schedule included enjoying the pool at Colin’s dad and stepmom’s house! Also, I found some of my favorite beer from New Belgium (which we got to tour a couple of years ago) while in Texas, so that’s been lovely to enjoy.
11) Hahahahaha I love this photo so much! We got to FaceTime with our lovely friends, Tom and Ro (who we met in England) and they grabbed this screenshot of us during our chat. Sidenote: Tom and Ro are coming here in September and I can’t even wait I’m so excited!
12) Easily my favorite little space in our home right now
13) I love this willow tree in our neighborhood park!
14) Backyard yoga practice is some of my favorite yoga practice :)
15) *sigh* Junction will be taking a break for July and August and it makes me pretty sad! I stopped by there for a coffee on Wednesday morning since I knew it may be one of my last chances. I guess this gives me yet another reason to look forward to September though!
16) Heyyyyyy I’ll be putting some clothes and other things up for sale on Instagram sometime soon, so stay tuned there!
17) Pizza and beer my way is still pretty hippie–gluten free pizza (yes, I know the beer has gluten…it’s fine) crust with organic olive oil, garlic salt, garden tomatoes, almond “cheese,” broccoli, zucchini, fresh corn, garden jalepeños, uncured pepperoni, ham, and blackberries. On a related note, I recently tried Kombucha and I’m so hooked. I’ve slowly been moving down the hippie spectrum for the past 8 years or so and mostly I don’t hate it. By the end of my life I’ll probably be vegan living in a solar powered self-sustaining hut in the desert somewhere making my own clothing with dreads in my hair….or maybe not. We’ll see.
18-19) Cuppies (insert heart-eyed emoji here) is just lovely! I got to listen in on a webinar through Romance and Adventure yesterday that was good for my soul. It was all about marriage and, well, romance and adventure. I think they have it available to listen to if you’re interested!
This weekend I’m shooting a wedding and hanging out with my people. I hope your weekend is life-giving and lovely, friend.