This week was an eventful one, but it was also one full of reflecting and looking forward for me. I’m also feeling pretty old since I turned 24 on Sunday! Just kidding about the feeling old part, but I am realizing how quickly time passes these days!
1) What a cutie :) Colin and I went to Pie Junkie for their Friday date night special. You get 2 coffees and a mini pie for really cheap. We ended up getting there really late though, and they were out of the mini pies! Still, we split a slice of peanut butter pie and got 2 coffees anyway. The best part (other than that peanut butter pie..hello)? The sweet older couple in line ahead of us paid for our order! I almost cried–so sweet!
2) Our redbud tree is in full bloom and I love it! So dreamy despite my allergies :)
3) I finally got to visit Hoboken Coffee Roasters in Guthrie! Chelsea Thompson and I had a morning coffee date there and it was the best thing ever. Colin and I still have a free coffee on the wall there (thanks, Brian!) but since he wasn’t with me this time I decided to wait before I redeemed mine.
4) For my birthday (in addition to the Pie Junkie date night) Colin took me to the OKC Museum of Art! The last time we had been was our senior year of high school, so a visit was long overdue. I loved the Ansel Adams exhibit they had–so inspiring and humbling! I also loved this installation by Lisa Hoke. Like, it left me breathless. She made the whole installation out of packaging from products we all use. I can’t even explain the power of it. In the pamphlet about the exhibit, Lisa had this quote: ” I cannot help but see the sad excess in this bounty. And I cannot resist now the desire to construct this regurgitated mirror of what I see in every store, every block, every house, pantry, closet. My own appetite insatiable to possess this stuff, even digging through trash bags on the street.” Woah.
5) Our Lifegroup had a dinner in our backyard as a sort of birthday celebration/fun dinner on Sunday. It was raining all day, so Colin and Brian and I spent a loooooong time rigging a tarp up over our backyard tables. Add some twinkle lights, succulents, and BBQ, and you have a party :)
6) My friends were so sweet and got me so many flowers as a birthday gift! I can’t ever keep the flowers around for too long though because my whole face swells up and it’s a mess….allergies. Aren’t the flowers so lovely though?
7) I got to read most of the book Freefall to Fly by Rebekah Lyons this week before we had to take it back to the library. It was so inspiring, and I would highly recommend it!
8) This week I was blessed with the opportunity to shoot an event for the Oklahoma Venture Forum at the Governor’s Mansion! I loved that the swimming pool was shaped like the state of OK…and the panhandle is a hot tub…WHAT?! I know, right? Awesome.
9) I rearranged a few of the decorations around here during some downtime this week, and now this little photo string hangs right above my desk :)