“This is why we live and breathe: for the love of Jesus, for the love of our own souls, for the love of our families and people, for the love of our neighbors and this world. This is all that will last. Honestly, it is all that matters. Because as Paul basically said: We can have our junk together in a thousand areas, but if we don’t have love, we are totally bankrupt. Get this right and everything else follows. Get it wrong, and life becomes bitter, fear-based, and lonely. Dear ones, it doesn’t have to be. Love is really the most excellent way.“
Jen Hatmaker, For the Love
Guys. This book. Go get it.
Here are 2 weeks of phone photos coming right at ‘cha
1-3) Derek and Rachel got married 2 weekends ago (what?!) and it was the loveliest. The first two photos here are from their rehearsal, and the third is a selfie I grabbed with Rachel and Abby soon before the ceremony! Rachel was truly stunning–it was an honor to get to celebrate their wedding with them!
4) Haha, I needed to take some yoga photos for our studio’s Instagram challenge this month (for more, see #SmallThingsGrow or @BeyondYogaOKC), so we snapped these next to the Pei Wei we stopped at in Amarillo on our way to Santa Fe. There was a guy walking by that was looking at me like I was some weirdo…and of course I acknowledge that I was being a little bit of a weirdo doing yoga in front of a Pei Wei…but whatever. As you can see, my dancer pose is improving!
5) Uhh. Woah. This is the adorable house we stayed in while in New Mexico! I’ll do a post about it eventually, but let me just say as usual, AirBnb FOR THE WIN!
6) Most of these New Mexico photos are not actually from my phone, but you get the gist :) Here’s a behind-the-scenes shot of one of our first shoots we did in the beautiful Dixon, New Mexico. All of my
models friends rocked their looks. I can’t wait to show you the rest!
7) “The voyage of discovery lies not in finding new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” Just one of the cute details in the Canyon Road gallery area of Santa Fe. I love how there is literally art in every corner of that city!
8) Sometimes tables don’t look pretty when you eat, so when you take a photo like this, it captures the crazy straw wrappers and wonky plates that are real life. No posing here. Haha, this was our breakfast at The Pantry in Santa Fe…which is definitely a favorite of mine! Get the Buenos Dias…you won’t regret it.
9) I love the little import markets that get set up in the Plaza every once in awhile :) So many trinkets and colors and pretty things!
10-11) We went to The Teahouse (twice) while in Santa Fe, and the first time, I got Mexican Hot Chocolate. I might cry just remembering it–so. good. The photo on the right was my face after the first sip.
12-13) My gorgeous
models friends just casually exploring the town haha Shoutout to Simply Santa Fe for featuring the photo on the right on their Instagram account!
14) Another behind-the-scenes shot from when Kourtni and Maddy shot some more yoga photos for me. If only I could do yoga in the desert mountains everyday!
15) We brunched at The Teahouse again the morning we came home, and I snapped this photos of these cute
models friends with their latte and hot chocolate :)
16) Ok…remember how the last time I went to Santa Fe I couldn’t find any locally roasted coffee anywhere? Well we found it. I’ll post more about it later, but I plan on ordering several bags of Iconik coffee and having them shipped here because it’s THAT GOOD! This photo is just of a cute chair they have on their patio area haha
17) One of the last shots we grabbed in The Plaza before leaving town :(
18) Haha, our Lifegroup dressed up as Brian for Halloween this week–it was pretty hilarious!
19) Kourtni was nice enough to run some errands with me for Friendsgiving (which is TONIGHT), and we stopped by Evoke to grab some warm drinks :) I got an almond milk hot chocolate, and she got a pumpkin spice latte–all the warm fuzzies!
20) Speaking of warm fuzzies, here’s a cute photo of Bozeman sleeping :)
21) And SPEAKING OF CUTE, here is my cousin, Michael, holding his brand new son, Kolten! So precious–I can’t wait to meet him!
This weekend we have Friendsgiving and then sleeeeeeeep :) I hope your weekend is the loveliest!