“As it turned out, the work I had to do was messy and deep. I slogged through it until one day, exhausted and with mud still wet and dripping off my traveling shoes, I realized, ‘Oh, my God. I feel different. I feel joyful and real. I’m still afraid, but I also feel really brave. Something has changed–I can feel it in my bones.'”
Here’s a two-week phone dump for your viewing pleasure!
1-2) Colin took off two Fridays ago since he had worked extra that week, and we embraced the free time by going to Waffle Champion! He had never been there before, so it was high time we went. Waffles remind me of Leslie Knope these days–which always brings a little extra joy to my day :) In case you’re wondering, I got the “Blueberry Sunrise” which has thyme-blueberry compote and a lemon goat cheese spread, and Colin got the “Waffle French Toast.” Wow. So good. They never disappoint!
4-7) We spent the rest of Colin’s day off at the zoo! It had been 2 years since we last went, so we were due for another visit. I always love seeing the animals, and walking around in gorgeous weather and my love is pretty amazing too.
8-9) Taking Bozeman to the lake–his and our new favorite thing :)
10) One of those sunsets that takes your breath away, you know?
11) I had a shoot in Stillwater the next day, so Colin and Bozeman came with me! We got to enjoy my favorite food truck (Cafe Bella) at one of our favorite coffee shops (Aspen) while Skyping our friends in England haha
12-13) Also in Stillwater, we got to go to a puppy birthday party for Opal (my brother’s girlfriend, Lesa’s, dog). The party was so fun, I’m heartbroken to tell you that earlier this week Opal was hit by a car :'( We are so so sad to lose this sweet girl, but we’re thankful for the time we got to spend with her.
14-17) All the flowers and greenery have been so lush lately, it’s gorgeous. These are snapshots from walks with Bozeman.
18-19) I had my last Changed Retreat as a staff member last weekend! I’m sad to leave this amazing ministry, but I know this is where I’m supposed to be going. Anyway, this last retreat was absolutely the best yet, so I have lots of photos to share. Oakridge Camp is so fun and lovely, as you’ll see in the following photos. The ones of me were taken by Kourtni.
20-21) We didn’t zip line, but our friends did! As you can see, I got lots of photos with my DSLR haha I feel like that photo captures my current life; photography and yoga :)
22-25) During one of our free times I went hiking, and I found thousands and thousands of wildflowers! Since I already had a braided crown in my hair, I (obviously) decided to weave as many flowers as I could into it. Gosh, wildflowers are so magical.
26-31) After hiking, I had the pleasure of leading these ladies through the confidence course at Oakridge— it’s one of those things that looks really easy until you try it! They all did amazing, and it was so fun for me to coach them and watch them conquer their fear and doubts.
32) My gorgeous friend, Simone…she’s really the best!
33) Behind the scenes of me filming my friend, Wendi, perform her spoken word poem that she wrote at the retreat. That girl is amazing I tell you, I’m just so proud of her!
34) My women’s Lifegroup is spectacular, and if you were only judging by the previous photos, this photo probably looks like I’m still at the Changed Retreat haha I love getting to meet with these ladies every other week so much–they are such light to me.
35-36) More lake and Bozeman photos :) we loved the stormy weather we had earlier this week (though we’re hoping tornado season stays away this year). Bozeman had claimed this pillow by the bookcase as his new favorite spot to cuddle while I work.
37-38) Lake sunsets are easily my fourth favorite kind of sunsets. 1) Mountain sunsets 2) Ocean sunsets 3) Field sunsets 4) Lake sunsets 5) Storm sunsets
Just in case you were wondering about my full top 5.
39) Lots of people flying over OKC yesterday–this was the view from our backyard. I wonder where everyone was going?
This weekend we are relaxing on vacation with a few of our friends–I’m definitely looking forward to it! I hope your weekend is awesome :)