“My head is aching like a riot
40 days in the desert pain
When I hear the lies I don’t buy it
Still looking for the desert rain and I
Fight the fire with the fire
I want to taste your love again and I
Let the flood rise higher
Wash the doubt away
But now I’m praying for rain
I want to make that change
I got your blood in my veins
Like holy water”
Switchfoot // Holy Water
Guys, Switchfoot’s new album is incredible. Colin and I are so excited to see them play live in November!
1) Lakeside Holy Yoga is one of my favorite parts of Summer! Thanks to my friend, Vanessa for snapping this photo of me :) I need to keep practicing my dancer pose–I’ve been slacking on it recently!
2) When Cuppies posted on Instagram that they were serving chocolate croissants last Friday, I knew I had to head over and enjoy one…it was perfect.
3) Fortunately, I wasn’t the only one that went to Cuppies that day! I got to join Danielle, Kourtni, and Steph at a table where we brought all of our best books and conversation. My heart is full. (Thanks to Steph for letting me steal her photo!)
4-6) We got to try the new Sunnyside Diner this weekend, and it was yummy! I loved all of their branding, and it was nice that they were just keeping things simple–basic diner food done really well. Also they have breakfast potatoes and bottomless coffee soooooo yes :)
7) Haha, I snapped this photo of some of our friends running across the street to Sonic after we had Lifegroup on Sunday. I think it looks cool with the balloons and the colors of their shirts #artsy
8) Ok, Colin and I had a lot of fun listening to national anthems of several different countries the other night. I think it’s pretty funny that I’ve known England’s (God Save the Queen) since elementary school, but I learned it with words that were specific to America! So ironic–“My Country Tis of Thee” anyone?
9) These lovely ladies came to my afternoon yoga class this week!
10) You can’t really tell, but this is a bowl of Mac and Cheese! I finally tried the dairy free (actually it’s vegan and gluten free if you’re looking for that kind of thing) cheese sauce from The Loaded Bowl food truck, and I’m in love. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to eat a bowl of Mac and Cheese without feeling sick (I’m lactose intolerant), so this was a great joy for me! The red pepper flakes, grilled chicken, and grilled veggies made it pretty great too–so shout out to Colin for those :)
11) I took a break from cooking for a second and Bozeman came straight over to sleep on my feet…dogs.
12) Confetti in the sky!
13) Haha so we haven’t gotten into the Pokemon Go thing, but we did walk around with Blake and Brian to help Brian get some more creds or eggs hatched or however that works. I wanted to take a group selfie, and this was the best one we got…
14) Drinking tea, listening to jazz, and reading by a window while it rained outside–that’s high on my list of favorite aesthetics.
15) This creek is one of Bozeman’s and my favorite spots these days, especially yesterday since we had a cool front blow through and it felt like 75 degrees outside!
This weekend I’m shooting a wedding, and other than that we’ll probably just be boring introverts haha
I hope your weekend is lovely and restful!